Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CHILI

I threw this together last night for dinner when an hour before we usually eat, I realized that I hadn't planned dinner!! I made it with stuff from my pantry that I always have on hand!! Fast, easy and it was so good even my kids ate all of it!! Made some corn muffins to go with it and had dinner ready in just over and hour!!!

Hope you like!!

Tamra

Last Minute Chili !!!

2 lbs ground beef or turkey
1 onion coursely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp Taco seasoning
1 - 14 oz can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
1 - 28oz. can diced tomatoes
1 - 14 oz can chili beans (in a spicy tomato sauce)
1 - 14 oz can Kidney beans
1 - 14 oz can Black beans
1 - 6 oz can diced green chili (can use jalapenos if you want more heat)
2 Tbsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Cumin
Salt
Pepper
1/2 tsp thyme and oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper (Cayenne)

Brown the meat with onion garlic and taco seasoning. Drain.

Put tomatoes in blender and puree. My family won't eat chunks of tomato so this step is neccessary at my house!! If you don't mind the chunks, just add them to the meat.

Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for an hour or so, stirring once in a while. Tweek the quantity of seasoning to get the spice just right for your taste!! We don't like super hot things so this version is pretty mild.

You can also do this in the crockpot and let it simmer on low all day!! Just brown the meat and drain then transfer to the crockpot, dump the rest of the stuff in and walk away!!!

THIS FREEZES REALLY WELL SO MAKE LOTS AND FREEZE IT FOR A FAST DINNER DOWN THE ROAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment