Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

BBQ Baked Beans

This is one of my favorite side dishes for Ribs or Burgers!! It's hearty enough to stand alone as well!! I don't measure much of anything so I will do my best to guesstimate how much of what I put in these!!! We have done them in the dutch oven, on the stove top and they are also great for the crock pot!! Hope you enjoy them!!

Tamra


1 lb hamburger or turkey burger
1 pkg bacon
1 onion, chopped

Cooked the bacon and hamburger until is browned and the bacon is crisp. Drain the fat off. (I cut the bacon up with kitchen shears before I cook it!) Then add the onion and cook until it's transparent.

If you want to do these in the Crock Pot, transfer the meat now. Add the following and let simmer on the stove or cook on low in the Crock Pot until you are ready to eat!!

1 can of each of the following:
Pork and Beans (I use the big can of bushes baked beans)
Dark Kindey Beans
Light Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
Butter beans
(any other beans that you like and want to add can be used!! I use black eyes peas sometimes and throw garbanzo beans in too!!)

1/2 c. Ketchup
2/3 c. Brown sugar
2-3 T. prepared mustard
1/2 - 1 c. barbecue sauce
1/4 c. Molasses
1/4 tsp chili powder
Few shakes of liquid smoke
a drop or 2 of tobassco sauce
1 tsp horseradish
1 T A1 sauce
........ I tend to put a little bit of everything in the fridge door in these and they always turn out great!! Experiment a little and try putting something different in each time you make them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment